Designed to help protect your patient’s catheters from contamination and increased risk of catheter-related bloodstream infections (CRBSIs) during haemodialysis and apheresis applications
Creating a closed system to help enhance patient safety
The Tego™ Needlefree connector help to protect your patients’ haemodialysis catheters by creating a closed system when attached to the hub of a catheter to minimize contamination and help reduce the risk of CRBSIs.
Tego™ is intended for use as an accessory to a vascular access device (catheter) used in haemodialysis and apheresis applications or as an accessory to an intravascular administration set for the administration or withdrawal of fluids to a patient through a cannula or needle placed in the vein or artery.
- Straight fluid path accommodates flow rates of greater than 600 mL/min
- Remains in place during the entire haemodialysis treatment period
- Validated for continuous patient use for up to seven days
- Silicone seal remains closed when not activated, closing the fluid path
How Tego™ works
Accessing the fluid path
- When Tego™ is not being accessed, the silicone seal forms a swabbable barrier to bacterial ingress.
- Attaching a dialysis bloodline to Tego™ activates the straight internal fluid path and creates a mechanically and microbiologically closed system.
- Tego™ is a needle-free capping device which closes the end of a catheter, creating a mechanically and microbiologically closed system when attached to the hub of a catheter
- Tego™ will permit access to the catheter without the use of needles, and therefore passively aid in the reduction of needlestick injuries.